Sunday, April 27, 2008

with a drop of sunlight...

After record-breaking cold (bullshit) weather the sun has finally wiped the stardust from its eyes and reemerged. Spring is my favorite time of year (seasonal affective disorder is a killer) so I'm pretty happy that it has finally started.

I watched a documentary yesterday about the lead singer of the gypsy-punk band Gogol Bordello entitled "The Pied Piper of Hutzovina." It was pretty, pretty, pretty good. The only problem I had with it was the fact that director Pavla Fleischer, who is ridiculously beautiful and makes me want to date an eastern European, interjected her personal romantic feelings for Eugene Hutz a little too much. Other than that it was a really fun and oddly moving little film that you should all seek out. Here's Eugene playing "Lela Pala Tute"



In other news, the new Torche album, Meanderthal, is totally killer. It reminds me of what Kyuss was trying to do in the 90s, but heavier and, in my opinion, better. Here's a video.



I'm also really into the new No Age album, Nouns, which is due out on Sub Pop on May 6th. Again, video.

No comments: